Resize/Rescale image/layer in Krita 2.0

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu May 10 16:41:13 CEST 2007

I've been reading and thinking about this, and I'm still not sure what the
right way to proceed is. The most important thing I personally do with the
resize image dialog is rescale an image for a website; I guess I'm not the
only one, and that task should be really simple.

For scaling, the transform tool should do very well, as long as we add the
widgets Cyrille talked about. The tool in 1.6 is pretty bare and doesn't give
any useful feedback. Scaling is pretty precise so manual input is essential.

I think that for changing the canvas size a dialog with a preview like
Casper's is better than doing it on screen using the crop tool because
through the overview, you get a much better impression of the size of the
canvas as it changes. Besides, changing the canvas size is something that's
not done all that much: better put that in a dialog than clutter the crop
tool with another set of widgets.