deskew plugin

Karl Chen quarl at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 21 02:42:30 CET 2007

Hi Michael & Krita developers,

I did gimp-deskew; great job porting it to Krita :)

    Michael> Right now it probably only works for RGB, but
    Michael> it uses the the rotate_visitor to rotate the
    Michael> layer. So that part is already colorspace
    Michael> independent. The only missing thing is to transform
    Michael> the src pixels to rgb before analyzing them.

The actual skew detection algorithm actually operates on a
bit-packed B&W image.  The conversion route is quite simplistic.
In the comments I wrote "convert RGB/grayscale to B&W" because
GIMP only supports those, but it should be easy to get it to work
with other colorspaces.

--
Karl 2007-03-20 18:21