Krita status and release goals

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 19 19:21:26 CET 2007

On Monday 19 March 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Cyrille Berger wrote:
> >> - libpsd (photoshop import)
> >> 	who: Cyrille Berger
> >> 	status: unknown
> >
> > status: postponed until at least 2.1, I think it will be changed to a
> > psd2odr project.
>
> FWIW, I would find a working (preserves "special" layers, especially
> color layers, effects, text layers, etc) PSD importer/convertor
> EXTREMELY valuable. It'll be a real bummer to not have PSD import in 2.0
> though. :-(
>
> (I'd love to help, but don't know if I would be able to find time :-(.)

Well, that's the trouble, chiefly. Cyrille is already overcommitted, as we all
are, really. Hacking Krita is fun, but there's a lot to. In any case, if
libpsd becoms a psd->openraster converter it will benefit all free software
graphics apps, from krita to gimp, from inkscape to scribus. But for that
we've got to have OpenRaster nailed. That's the .0 step :-).