deskew plugin

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Mar 19 15:45:02 CET 2007

> We're aiming for 1) -- but we didn't want to install everything by default
> because that means that the krita/image and krita/ui libraries have export
> all their symbols, which is a Bad Thing, apparently.
It's a bad things because every symbol you export every header you install can
be use ! Which means that if you change either the API (not nice) or the ABI
(even more not nice) you break the plugin. The real option is to consider the
list of what is usefull to plugins and what API/ABI we _won't_ change.

Krita will have show maturity when (and only when) we will see external
plugins project.

The main goals of krita-plugins are to test that we can write plugins outside
the Krita tree and to show the world that it is possible to do that. Adding
functions throught krita-plugins is only a side effect ;) (a nice one for
sure).

--
Cyrille Berger