deskew plugin

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 14:43:18 CET 2007

--- Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:

> On Monday 19 March 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> > So Correct solution: change Makefile.am to install all header files in
> > core/
>
> not quiet correct :) our policy (it's even KDE wide) is export only what is
> needed, so only add to the install in Makefile.am the needed file. That will
> just mean that this specific plugin will require next version of Krita.

Arg! It's going to be hard to predict which headers will be required by external plugins in the
future.
Option 1) Install all of the headers and let the plugin writer choose which one he likes.
Option 2) The plugin ships with a copy of the header in it's directory.
Option 3) Require the user to download the source of krita and set ./configure (or hack
Makefile.am) every time he wants to dl and compile spiffy new plugin from the internet.

IMHO option 1 is the most reasonable in the long term since option 2 can break alot and option 3
is just plain annoying. What do others think?