branches/koffice/1.6/koffice/krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Mar 16 08:48:28 CET 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> --- Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 March 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> > > The chunking isn't done anymore. The most of the filters in 1.6 do not
> > > work correctly if the filtering is done per chunk so I changed the
> > > preview widget as per the blog. Unfortunately, now it occasionally
> > > crashes which I'm trying to debug :(.
> >
> > Ah, that's why I couldn't find it :-)
>
> And the fixes are into krita 1.6 so it doesn't crash anymore.
> I stressed tested the Preview widget dialog a bit and it can (barely)
> handle the 4096x4096 blue marble image. Hopefully these changes can be
> forwarded ported to krita2 later...

Much depends on how we're going to do preview in trunk: the idea is still to
have just a small dialog or popup to enter the settings and have the preview
life. I'm not quite sure how and whether we're going to swing that, though.
There's so much to be done already in 2.0 that it's not impossible to imagine
that we'll end up with the same preview code that's now in 1.6 -- with your
fixes, I mean.

I'm looking forward to the day that 1.6.3 is released and you can spend your
talents on trunk :-).