Not Quite Weekly Status Update for Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 13 21:58:36 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 March 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > * I've bother Bart Coppens again about getting rid of the thread-unsafe
> > QRegion and replacing it by marking tiles dirty from within the layers.
> > He thinks he needs to do this together with pyramids, but doubts whether
> > he's going to find time to get onto this.
>
> That would make the threaded projection unreleasable '( Unless Qt4.3 offers
> a thread safe QRegion, any idea how we could report that to the troll ?
> Maybe creating a small QApplication doing stuff with QRegion and Thread and
> crashing (hopefully) ?

We're not releasing any time soon yet... If Bart doesn't do this someone else
needs to pick it up. Just marking the affected tiles dirty and exposing that
as a map of dirty rects to the merge visitor and the layers isn't _hard_, it
just needs to be done, and it would be quicker if someone who already knows
the tile backend does it.