krita 1.6 SVN branch: Problems with bumpmap and previewwidget

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Mar 5 22:42:18 CET 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Personally, I feel that 2.0 is getting interesting enough that we may want
> to put most effort there. In fact, I'm going to look at optimizing the
> qpainter canvas & redoing the opengl canvas for trunk now.

It's also my opinion, only filters should be developed against 1.6 (as, if
they follow the "convention" of the example plugin, they are very very easy
to port), or paintop (or in some extent tools). All the remaining effort
(refactor, etc....) should be put on 2.0, or else it risks beeing lost.

As for the UI of the filter, maybe we should ask some advice to
kde-usuability ?

My main concern is the curve widgets, which sucks a lot of space, I think I
have an idea about it, I will do an other mockup.

--
Cyrille Berger