Filters "dialog" in 2.0

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 20:13:04 CEST 2007

Hi,
  I think the modeless is a decent idea, you need to consider the performance of always running
the filter on the full image. It might be worth considering allowing the user to select a portion
of the image to preview the filter just so it's quick to change filter parameters and see the
update.
Another thing to consider is to have preview/no preview button in the dialog as currently appears
and a method for the user to see the filtered image next to the unfiltered image.

> So I vote for keeping the Krita UI spirit here: vertical dialog.
> Krita could change the current vertical dialog (option, layer) to a
> filter dialog. Then go back to the default UI after the operation.

Are you talking about ribbons^C^C^C changable toolbars here?

Cheers
Ben