Some mixing math

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Jun 16 23:43:41 CEST 2007

> > Bristles would be better done using a seperate paintop that could then
> > use for each of its bristles any type of available paintop (like it is
> > done in the dynamic paintop see
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/krita/plugins/paintops/dynamicbrush/l
> >ib /shapes/kis_bristle_shape.cc?revision=675999&view=markup)
>
> Isn't that really a lot slower than doing the bristles inside a particular
> paintop?
I hardly see while it would ? (it is now, but there are a lot of reason behind
that which I am working on, including and having paintLine in the paintOp
would help, and while playing with the freehand tool I noticed a lot of
problems with our call to dirty rect, we are overprotective).

> I mean -- yes, dynamic, programmable and everything is fine, but I
> see a definite place for paintops that do the bristles differently, for
> instance, all on their own.
I wasn't suggesting that the dynamic paint op should be the only way to do
bristles :) (or paintop) or at least not yet (in photoshop, brushes are
allways dynamic), it's too experimental for that. But I definitively think
that having a bristles paintop which call other paintop is the right
solution.
--
Cyrille Berger