Krita use in VFX

Moritz Moeller mnm at dneg.com
Mon Jun 11 18:48:59 CEST 2007

Bart,

thanks for the quick answer!

> You can add your personal profiles in ~/.color/icc/ or
> ~/.kde/share/apps/krita/profiles/. Global ones are located
> in /usr/share/apps/krita/profiles/. I think there's also a global Create dir,
> which I forgot.

Is this in the docs somewhere? It would also be great to add some hints
about the format these profiles use. Since deducing this from the LCMS
dependency might be asked a little bit too much for the average user. ;)

> Is there a libopenexr function that we could use to read and store these
> comments easily? Probably if we know these functions, it'd be easy to add
> support for this (in the 2.0 branch, since 1.6 is 'dead').

I'm fairly certain there is. I'm not across OpenEXR very much, it's one
of the most troublesome libs we use in this industry. :)
But I ask the guys that work on those aspects of our pipeline.

>> Lastly I found that certain very common TIFF flavours (common in my
>> industry) make Krita crash when one tries to open them.
> That's one for Cyrille, but crashes are always bad.

I create one such TIFF and upload it to my web server tonight so you can
reproduce the bug.

>> So I guess my question is: where can I log feature requests and report
>> bugs? On this list or is there a better place?
> Either this mailinglist, or directly in bugs.kde.org (you need to create an
> account for it).

Is it advisable to do both (i.e. create bug/feature bugs.kde.org, then
post a link to it to this list? Or does that create unnecessary traffic?

Cheers

.mm