QRegion

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jun 4 20:38:41 CEST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Where does the use of QRegion show up?

When painting, it takes 40% of the painting time (and 30% of the remaining is
taken by QMutex). I haven't looked at how faster/slower the projection
happen.

As for QRegion, I haven't look at how it works, but considering the time spend
I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't trying to do the merging of each QRect
one after an other. Ah there doesn't seem to be a way to have our own list of
rect and then add them all together :/ It sounds like an interesting
algorithmic problem :)

--
Cyrille Berger