A non-working TIFF example

Ismo Puustinen ismo at iki.fi
Wed Jul 18 17:27:08 CEST 2007

Hi List,

Vuescan (a popular scanning program) uses TIFF images as the default
output format. When scanning black and white film, the recommended
Vuescan output is 16-bit grayscale TIFF files. Konqueror, Gimp, and OS
X Lightroom display these images correctly, but Krita only shows noise
instead of the image. I think this may be due to a bug in Krita TIFF
handling. I'm running Ubuntu Feisty with these software versions:

Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.6
Krita: 1.6.3

I put one example file (16 MB) online for a few days at
http://ismo.mine.nu/example/bessa-11.tif, if anyone is interested in
taking a look at the matter.

--
Ismo Puustinen <ismo at iki.fi>