metadata

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 9 12:33:45 CEST 2007

Hi guys,

After yesterdays unfortunate occurrences we are left without any metadata
support in Krita. While I totally understand Cyrille's motivation, Krita as a
project is in a bad situation right now. For the record: I didn't think
Cyrille was working in the wrong direction: I think we need both the code he
was working on and a separate layer of code to integrate with the KDE
semantic desktop.

I don't want to ask Cyrille to reconsider, so I'll try to re-prioritize my
todo list (painterly overlay, masks & shapes, metadata). Cyrille, is it okay
if I re-instate your code where needed?

As for metadata, I'm not sure of our requirements -- I'll have to read the kde
metadata documentation on techbase & the exif and xmp specs first, as well as
find out which libraries are most useful to us. I'll try to find time for
that in the next week or two, but keep in mind that I'm going to be majorly
distracted by moving house.