Image manipulation using glsl

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Mon Jan 22 08:55:25 CET 2007

Hi,

> Thats the extension yes.

Unfortunately ARB_texture_rectangle only supports GL_CLAMP, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, and GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER wrap modes. GL_REPEAT and GL_MIRRORED_REPEAT, which are quite useful for convolution filters, are only supported by power-of-two sized textures.

I think OpenGL 2.0 actually supports non-power-of-two sized textures. If I change the wrap mode from GL_REPEAT to GL_CLAMP the program works fine with NPOTS textures. With GL_REPEAT the program falls back to software rendering when I load a NPOTS texture with my ATI card. Maybe NVidia supports NPOTS textures with GL_REPEAT or GL_MIRRORED_REPEAT? (I really wish I would have bought an NVidia card, but back then I didn't know that the AIT drivers were much worse than the NVidia ones...)

Greetings,
Michael