Q. on Colorization Plugin

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 01:33:38 CET 2007

Hi Bala,
   I can't tell what the details of SIOX are (because
they didn;t publish the algorithm on their site) but
the re-colorization algorithm doesn't require any
alpha. Basically, the image is converted into YUV
colorspace. The Y channel is always kept but the U and
V channels propogate depending on how similar the Y
channel is of ajacent pixels. Most of the repainted
examples in the paper are grayscale so I'm not sure
you could emulate SIOX 100%. I guess if you paint a
region a funky color and then generate a colormask in
YUV space and then apply that mask to the RGB image,
it might work... however IANAE

Cheers
Ben

--- balachandran c <balachandran_c at rediffmail.com>