New reason for XYZ

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 23 21:49:35 CET 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 23 February 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > dcraw can now directly convert raw images to XYZ -- maybe a reason to
> > have XYZ as a colorspace in 2.0?
>
> what was the reasons for not having it before that ?

Sheer laziness, I guess... I started an XYZ colorspace, but we needed lab much
more so XYZ never got finished. Didn't you remove the files?

> Btw, about dcraw, are
> we going to use libkdcraw from the digikam project ?

I'm not sure. I've actually today received my new camera (a cheap but very
nice fuji s6500, bought specially for taking to Canada) which can do raw, and
I'm a bit disappointed with the digikam raw handling. It would be easy to
integrate into krita; just make krita kipi-compatible, and presto!, but it's
not very friendly and doesn't work very reliably. Next, I'm going to
investigate Hubert Figuere's libopenraw and see what that can do for us.
It's early days anyway, for raw & 2.0. There's much more to be done before we
have to decide which way to go.