Pigment and colorspaces

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 7 16:39:30 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007, Leonardo Giordani wrote:
> Hi, after a long pause due to medical problems I'm about to begin again my
> work on colorspace. I'm sorry that my development goes slowly.

Wee! Good to hear from you again.

> 4) I remember that I experienced difficulties managing the canvas, i.e.
> the "quint8 *dst" you can find in setPixel() methods, for example in
> kis_lms_f32_colorspace.cc, but in general I didn't understand when and what
> methods are called... For example convertToQImage(). No one of you can
> write something detailed about what is expected from a colorspace and how
> it works? Or perhaps I'm losing myself in a simple thing?

I think you main point of confusion is this: the colorspace class does not do
anything to the canvas. Krita grabs a pointer to a memory-contiguous set of
pixels from the canvas and then gives this pointer to the colorspace to work
on. So, the functions in a colorspace work on relatively small runs of pixels
(or even single pixels).