Pigment and colorspaces

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Wed Feb 7 15:20:37 CET 2007

Hi, after a long pause due to medical problems I'm about to begin again my
work on colorspace. I'm sorry that my development goes slowly.

Some questions for you, gurus of Krita:

1) I am confused by the pigment and colorspaces stuff. What goes exactly in
pigment and what in colorspaces? Furthermore, there is a "colorspaces" folder
in koffice/libs/pigment/ too: what is this compared with
koffice/krita/colorspaces?

2) KoAlphaColorSpace implements many methods such as fromQColor(), toQColor(),
channelValueText(), etc... (KoAlphaColorSpace.cpp?rev=625077), but both
KoLabColorSpace and KoRgbU16ColorSpace (in pigment/colorspaces too) do not
implement them? Why?

3) What is the "d-pointerification" I can see more or less everywhere in SVN?

4) I remember that I experienced difficulties managing the canvas, i.e.
the "quint8 *dst" you can find in setPixel() methods, for example in
kis_lms_f32_colorspace.cc, but in general I didn't understand when and what
methods are called... For example convertToQImage(). No one of you can write
something detailed about what is expected from a colorspace and how it works?
Or perhaps I'm losing myself in a simple thing?

Thanks

Leo

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
a POLIMI spin-off company
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com