Problems previewing filter which relies on selection

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 18:12:57 CET 2007

Hi,
  I'm using the selection mask to determine where the
filter will operate. The filter "fills in the holes of
the image" and the user uses the selection to mark the
holes. I'm trying to get the filter to work with the
preview box (because there are some settings I want
the user to be able to set) but since the selection
mask isn't passed from the original to the preview
device (kis_previewwidget.cc line 203), the plugin
fails because it needs the selection mask in order to
operate.
I'm tempted to modify kis_paint_device.cc, line
303-304 to copy the selection mask but I'm not sure if
that's the right thing to do. Any ideas?

Cheers
Ben