kis_filters_listview.cc line 270: memory leak?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Feb 1 16:56:51 CET 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007, Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> Erk, sorry, I meant line 210. My eyes are getting
> tired.

Okay, no, I don't think there's a memory leak, since configlist is created on
the stack and will be automatically deleted, while its contents (the
KisFilterConfiguration* objects) are owned by the individual filters and
shouldn't be deleted between invocations of the filter gallery dialog.

At least, that's how I feel about it; but the filters tend to create their
example configurations not at filter creation, but every time
istOfExamplesConfiguration is called, and then there is indeed a memory leak
for every KisFilterConfiguation* object.

(Unless std::list does autodelete by default, but I don't think so. I do think
we'd done better to standardize on the Qt containers, especially in ui code,
though.)