Using Krita for RGB to CMYK conversion.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 10 23:02:50 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 04:25:24 pm Casper Boemann wrote:
> all kde apps offer pdf - via printing
>
> On Monday 10 December 2007, Tom Burdick wrote:
> > png is lossless.
> >
> > -Tom
> >
> > On Monday 10 December 2007 03:16:01 pm John Culleton wrote:
> > > If I import an rgb model jpg file to Krita, change the color model to
> > > cmyk, then export the file to another name is this an efficient way to
> > > convert from rgb to cmyk?
> > >
> > > After the conversion, does  the on-screen image in Krita have a gamut
> > > similar to the real gamut of the CMYK image?
> > >
> > > The "best" format for my publishing program is pdf. Krita doesn't offer
> > > that. Among the remaining choices which is the least lossy for
> > > printing, jpeg or png? I can't use tiff in my publishing program
> > > (pdftex.)

True, but I am not quite there yet. My first attempt to print to a pdf file
yielded just the upper left hand corner of the image in the output pdf file,
about 1/8 of the total. My attempt to preview the output yielded a blank
white page in the preview.

My test image is a photo of 901884 bytes.

Probably there is a density vs. papersize problem but I can't find settings
for these in the print routine. Well, there is  papersize option but it is
grayed out.

--
John Culleton