Guides for Krita.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Aug 9 15:18:29 CEST 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, John R. Culleton wrote:

> Applications like Gimp, Scribus etc. allow one to drag guides from the
> top and left side to provide visual  boundaries for the elements in
> an illustration, for example for a book cover and its three panels,
> bleed space etc. . Are such guides available or contemplated for
> Krita?

Yes. We used to have guides in 1.4, but they were a usability disaster. In the
meantime, other KOffice apps got a new guide implementation, with very cool
auto-locking. Casper Boemann has porting the guides to flake (and Krita) on his
todo list, and it should be present in 2.0 (or perhaps 2.1 -- he's also working
on the new KDE 4 widget style).

Boudewijn