Help! Krita and Slack 12.

john at wexfordpress.com john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 6 23:31:05 CEST 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 11:33:39 John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have 4 identical versions of Krita installed on my Slack system.
> They are the same program as installed on my Slack 11 system. However
> all the files that used to be found in /opt/kde/share/apps are now
> in /usr/share/apps.  as a result Krita now crashes with an error
> message and if not killed quickly takes the KDE desktop with it.
>
> I can:
> 1. Link /usr/share/apps into /opt/kde/share
> 2. Get a different Krita somehow.
>
> With an eye to the future which is recommended?  I hesitate to
> download and reinstall the entire KDE Suite. I might mess up
> something else.
> The Krita I have at the moment, all over the place, has a byte count
> of 4232.
>
> Recommendations?

On further examination the problem was buried in my home directory. I tried
various tricks and finally just deleted the .kde folder and all its contents.
That managed to screw up my kmail settings but not my saved messages.

Now Krita 1.6.3 is alive again.   But I have to redo my mail settings.

Thanks to  M. Berger (I think) who replied.

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com