Donation drive result

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Aug 6 18:55:34 CEST 2007

> are you certain you have to buy this? Did anyone actually bother to ask
> Wacom for a donation to Krita? :)
> I remember when I was product manager of Eclipse, we used to get all
> kinds of shite from Wacom for free because we supported all features in
> their products (not just pressure). I'd write to them and see if you
> can't get at least one tablet with a full set of pens to test for free.
On the other hand, Wacom has a pretty good deal (working both way, corel ships
bundles painter+wacom's tablet :
http://apps.corel.com/promotions/wacom_px/index.html?itrkid=ppup) with Corel,
obviously I don't know the detail of the contract ;) But I can guess that
they might be more than hesitating to help an open source project which aims
at competing with some products of Corel. But I might be completely wrong in
my analysis ;)

--
Cyrille Berger