Help! Krita and Slack 12.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 6 17:33:39 CEST 2007

I have 4 identical versions of Krita installed on my Slack system.
They are the same program as installed on my Slack 11 system. However
all the files that used to be found in /opt/kde/share/apps are now
in /usr/share/apps.  as a result Krita now crashes with an error
message and if not killed quickly takes the KDE desktop with it.

I can:
1. Link /usr/share/apps into /opt/kde/share
2. Get a different Krita somehow.

With an eye to the future which is recommended?  I hesitate to
download and reinstall the entire KDE Suite. I might mess up
something else.
The Krita I have at the moment, all over the place, has a byte count
of 4232.

Recommendations?
--
John Culleton