Icons rearrangement proposal

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Wed Sep 20 18:33:58 CEST 2006

Casper Boemann wrote on 2006-09-20 16:37 +0200 regarding Re: Icons rearrangement proposal:
> On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16:22, Ronan Zeegers wrote:
> > > I see some problems.
> > >
> > > -The color sampler is not a drawing tool but rather a view tool
> > > -The crop tools is not a view tool (you call it image tools) but
> > > manipulation
> >
> > Those 2 tools are indeed a bit special and hard to classify.
> > I've put the color sampler there since it's related to color like the
> > paint bucket and the gradient tools. Do you have an other proposition?
> > The crop tool is hard to classify too. It can be in the Manipulation
> > area has well
> My proposition is to just exchange those two icons
>
> color sampler is actually in a category of its own.
>
> Anyway the time has passed to make those changes in 1.6.0

Indeed, let's look at this in more detail for next versions. We've already been
pushing the definition of freeze :)

One remark though :) - the normal line tool seems to be the 'normal' tool and
the polyline the 'advanced' one.

I'd have to compare this one to the reordering I already did in 1.6 (fixing the
order to have the basic tools at the top and the advanced tools at the bottom of
a category) more carefully to get a better opinion.

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning  (askie)   |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
KDE Nederland            |   http://www.kde.nl/