Filter/effect icon

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Tue Sep 19 16:03:15 CEST 2006

> > But, it would be interressant to do a survey in the future, and show to
users
> > all those icons, and ask them "what does the tool represented by each icon
> > do ?"

Right. That would be the job for usability people. Given that OpenUsability
just announced that they would dedicate a student to evaluating Gimp, maybe
we could have some study concerning this issue derived as well?

> Maybe we can do a "your top 3 icons" on the mailing list and count the vote?

Development by voting is just plain wrong, because it's hard to accomplish
that the target group of the application gets properly involved in the voting
process.
If we did  voting on this list we'd most likely get the opinions of people who
are developers and get some decision based on what developers think is
intuitive.

Torsten