Filter/effect icon

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 19 13:18:34 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 13:08, Casper Boemann wrote:

> no it's not true
>
> I only discovered it a couple of years ago -  a lots of people will not
> know it

Ah, I was under the impression that, as an abbreviation and as a symbol, it
was as familiars as (c) and @.

> That doesn't mean they can't learn, but that argument goes for the hat too

I think a hat is a very culturally-determined symbol -- not much

> One thing is for sure - the sponge is out of the question as we will
> probably have a true sponge at some point in time

Yes.

> but even though fx has that problem i still like it better than "a". I like
> the hat the most though.

I like a because it comes closest to what filters are -- even today it's
possible to buy round polaroid or colored filters for ones camera. I'm fine
with (fx).