branches/koffice/1.6/koffice/krita/plugins/filters

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 7 15:18:27 CEST 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 14:28, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Not at all :) What would be the point of creating an API with a function
> that takes two parameters that need to be equal ? At the origin of time,
> when I first wrote KisFilter, it would take only one PaintDevice, then a
> little bit later I added the two parameters (I don't remember what use I
> had in mind at this time, filter tool, or allready the gallery) but in my
> mind it was clear that dst and src couldn't be assumed to be equal.

It shouldn't be necessary, but there are a lot of filters that are broken if
src==dst isn't true, like raindrops. We've talked (and done nothing? I don't
remember) about removing the dst parameter, but that broke other filters and
operations:
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/krita/amusing.html.