Trunk: new framework for curves

Emanuele Tamponi emanuele at valinor.it
Sat Oct 21 21:51:37 CEST 2006

Alle 21:11, sabato 21 ottobre 2006, Boudewijn Rempt ha scritto:

> > specific tool: this class (I call it "strategy" but it as little to do
> > with the strategy pattern)
>
> Better rename it then. Pattern names are like big waving flags telling
> people "don't look closer, this is what makes me tick."

Ok, I will either change its name or merge its features to the base tool

> Does this mean you want to replace the rect, circle, star, triangle and
> line tool with specializations of the curve tool? That would be very nice.

Exactly.

> That would suck a bit: we really want one transform tool to rule them all.

Oh! That's what I wanted to read :)

> That won't be a problem in practice, it's the kind of thing that
> straightens itself out when coding.

You said so™ ;) But probably you're right.

> In that case, the best thing may be a specialization of the flake shape
> class (using the same control method) that uses Krita brushes to stroke.
> That could be a bit hard to do, but Adobe Illustrator manages something
> very close.

Really nice to know, I will give a deeper look at it.

> For me, simple things are the best. It's cool to be able to edit old paths,
> but it's also to be able to smear & smudge and filter the result of drawing
> a path.

Exactly what we need to investigate: if it's possible to alter the curve as we
want and need and, in the same time, to be able to "edit" it as it
were "resumed". I will give a look at gimp and photoshop's implementations.

> I wouldn't know about photoshop. Your curve implementation for 1.6 was the
> first curve tool I have been able to use :-)

That's simply me 8) - or, to say the truth, that's simply the Krita Devs
Community ;)

> > But probably there are other things we
> > need to take into account.

So, say'em all :)