Const iterators, what's next ?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 19 08:05:26 CEST 2006

I would prefer distinguishing the factory methods for iterators iterators by
name, not just by their intrinsic constness: much easier to read.

As for the parameters of the filters: I tried ditching dst (since having a dst
without a src doesn't make sense) but failed. I have forgotten why, though.
Just one thought: wouldn't it make more sense to have an iterator as a
parameter instead of a whole paint device? More c-plusplussy? Of course, that
would mean that all iterators need to be constrained to a rect, not just the
rect iterators. I'm not sure that this is a good idea, but there must be a
reason stl doesn't pass the whole array & a range but iterators instead to
its algorithms.