compilation error: filters/krita/gmagick/ ... Downscale/Upscale unknown

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Sat Oct 14 21:59:13 CEST 2006

* Boudewijn Rempt -- Saturday 14 October 2006 20:48:
> On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:07, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > But then again, I'm not using the last
> > stable release of krita either.  :-)
>
> You really should! It's much more stable :-)

That's no problem. I love to play with krita. Its architecture
is far superior to GIMP, and it's much more entertaining.
But frankly: when I need some work done, I still prefer GIMP.
Sad but true. And that although I constantly have to collect
menu entries from the weirdest places. But krita still isn't
ready for me. And a few crashes while toying around don't
hurt much.  :-}

Things that I miss in krita are ...
- jpeg saving with preview (to check quality)
- quickly dragging the image with MMB, rather than a tedious
  key/mouse combination
- the possibility to begin actions outside the image area
  (e.g. cropping rectangle)
- other things  :-P

And I really, really try to finally switch to krita. Regularly.
Some day I will.

m.