HDR plan in krita

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Nov 26 21:04:10 CET 2006

Am 26.11.06, 20:39 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:

> > My thoughts for Oyranos goes about a cmm framework. A cmm supporting a
> > floating point ICC workflow would be a wonderful benefit for many
> > applications.
>
> well it's my understanding that lcms support floating point, but it's really
> unclear to me what happen for bit depth > 16. I think that I saw a marti
> maria mail somewhere that said using 32bits floating point data with lcms
> would caused a lost of data.

Lcms provides some convenience for floating point input. The conversion
are still 16bit integer.
See here
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6710233

defining USE_FLOAT enables paralell build option. But that is still not
exposed in the distributed form.

Maybe we can convince Marti to allow the floating point mode in paralell.
I'll will ask at the lcms list.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management