koffice/libs/store

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Nov 26 16:48:56 CET 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:29, Bart Coppens wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:20, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I'm wondering: how hard would it be to use this compression for Krita's
> > tiles? Those are 64x64 pixels of 1 or 32 bytes. Especially for our undo
> > tile cache, compression might save a ton of memory. But on the other
> > hand, maybe the chunks are too small to compress nicely.
>
> That might make sense in the swapped out tiles, I think. But not in the
> tiles that are still in memory, and not for saving (since .kra is zipped
> anyway). For tiles in memory, I fear the overhead might be too big.

So are kspread's files zipped, and it still helps. I was more thinking of
zipping up the undo tiles (maybe from the second generation, i.e, as soon as
a new undo command is added, start compressing the tiles associated with the
earlier command in a thread. It's something I want to experiment with anyway.