Floating point color in Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Nov 18 11:22:58 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 01:04, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Well this is the usual way: paint into a gamut checked canvas and you will
> instantly see if the painted colour is out of gamut.

Yes, that's the way I've always wanted to do it for Krita. I just never had
the time to add the bits needed for that (the checkbox in the overview
docker, the colorchooser in the preferences, setting the flag in
KisImage::renderToProjection(), and, most importantly...

> CinePaint works this way. Only our colour selector is miles behind that :(

Fixing the color selector, indeed. It's a pity Cinepaint is GTK 1 and we're
Qt4, or we could try doing a great colorselector together! Even Photoshop 5.5
already supported masking out the out-of-gamut areas in their color selector.

> Your fortune in Krita is, you have one image at once and the colour
> selector can allways show the correct gamut boundary set for that canvas.

:-) Sometimes it pays to have a simple-minded interface. I'm so glad we
dropped the multiple-images-in-one-document idea two years ago!