Scaling algorithms in Krita Bad (at least at downscaling)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Mon Nov 13 23:54:17 CET 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 23:49, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > For now, I've re-added Michael Thaler's special scaling code and special
> > cased it for rgba8, cmyk8 and graya8. The results are, as far as I can
> > see, superior to nearly everything else. Diff attached in case Cyrille
> > wants to add this to the tag for 1.6.1 (which I'd advise, because it's
> > tested code and does work beautifully).
> why was it removed ?

Because I thought the new code gave equally good results. Casper today
gave me a patch that gives almost the same results with the transform code,

> how much tested it is ? (I mean transform tool +
> scaling image without the sucky alpha border ?)

The transform tool doesn't call Michael's scaling code.

Boudewijn Rempt