Scaling algorithms in Krita Bad (at least at downscaling)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Nov 13 07:40:32 CET 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 17:39, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I've got the distinct impression that the quality of our scaling is worse
> than it used to be.

For now, I've re-added Michael Thaler's special scaling code and special cased
it for rgba8, cmyk8 and graya8. The results are, as far as I can see, superior
to nearly everything else. Diff attached in case Cyrille wants to add this to
the tag for 1.6.1 (which I'd advise, because it's tested code and does work
beautifully).

Unless we can fix the generic transform code to give results at least as good
as this code for scaling down, I'll transport it to trunk, too.