Scaling algorithms in Krita Bad (at least at downscaling)

Carsten Pfeiffer carpdjih at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Sun Nov 12 16:43:01 CET 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 23:55, Bart Coppens wrote:
> A blog about _downscaling_ producing noticeably worse results than The
> Gimp:
> http://gis-blog.leonde.de/index.php/2006/11/10/scaling-algorithms-in-krita/
> (wondering why he didn't bugreport that, though.)

I wanted to see what the community's opinion and experience on all those
different algorithms is and also pass on those experiences to other krita
users.

One comment says:

"As far as I know, cubic scaling is the best choice for scaling up and linear
scaling is the best choice for scaling down. In fact, cubic scaling is
superior in any case, but when scaling down, you won’t see the difference."

So maybe there could be a label showing such suggestions, depending on the old
and new size.

Another comment mentions that it might be that the parameters of the Lanczos3
filter aren't set correctly, causing the blurriness. It also contains some
more hints and references, that might be helpful.

Cheers,
Carsten