how to make a scale bar with krita

Thorsten Kolb thorsten_kolb at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue May 30 16:28:28 CEST 2006

>On Monday 29 May 2006 15:58, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 May 2006 18:02, Thorsten Kolb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have here Microscopic images for which I will make a scale bar. for
> > example the size of the iamgaes is1024x1024 and I want to make a
> > scalebar that is 200pixels in length, is there any possibility to do
> > this with krita?
>
> I'm assuming you already found the line tool; so what you are missing is
> the statusbar update for that exact 200 pixels length.
>
> Unfortunately Krita does not show this, I don't really have an idea on how
> to get that data out of Krita right now.
> I remember ones talking about statusbar updates for a selection; but that
> never made it to the release version.

Ok, thats a pity! There should be an option to specify the size of a drawn
object like in photoshotp where you can make this very easily . Is something
like that planed for the future? Or something like a plugin which just paints
you such a thing, if you give him the dimensions an position of your object
(in my case a scale bar).

regards Thorsten