Optimization for the duplicate paintop

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue May 30 10:39:50 CEST 2006

> The drawback is that the rect then is aligned with tile boundaries -- which
> means that it is larger than the rect really is. This may not matter too
> much in this particular case. It means that more pixels are considered for
> compositing, and then discarded, but that may well be less costly than my
> (stupid, simple-minded, straightforward, unoptimized) algorith for
> calculating the exact rect.
>
> We use extactRect in many places, though, and optimizing it would be a
> great idea.
But honestly, I don't think we can do better, except by caching it, but it
wouldn't help in this situation. (I was thinking about real time updating of
the real bound, but it's not really possible and not sure if it would be
faster).

But for that specific use, I think that we can add a parameter to
bltSelection : bool checkIfTotallyUnselected, default will be true, and for
the duplicate op, as we know that the test will be false, we can set it to
false, if you see what I mean ?

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---