Please forwardport

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Mar 27 10:39:46 CEST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 10:15, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Please forward port all bugfixes and features from 1.6 to trunk for the
> time being -- or else, keep track carefully of what you've been doing (for
> instance, by creating patches and keeping them apart). Otherwise, the
> merging will be hell later on.

So far it is no problem at all because trunk and 1.6 are still basically
identical. But I wonder how we should do the porting to trunk once trunk
depends on Qt4/kdelibs4. I don't think I have time to compile Qt4/kdelibs4
all the time. Furthermore, as far as I understand, it is basically not
possible right now to run kde3/kde4 apps at the same time. Which might make
porting bug fixes/features to trunk and especially testing really tedious.

But maybe I am totally wrong here. In case someone has experience with kde4
development, it would be nice if he/she can correct me. It would also be
quite nice if someone with kde4 development experience can set up a wiki with
instructions how to compile kdelibs4 and how to use CMake (trunk seems to
already use CMake), and how to use kde3/kde4 apps together so that we can
easily try out patches against trunk once it depends on Qt4/kdelibs4.

Greetings,
Michael