Some questions

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu Mar 16 14:40:17 CET 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 14:29, Leonardo Giordani wrote:
> 1) What are "factor" and "offset" in convolveColors()? For example in
> colorspaces/rgb_u8/kis_rgb_colorspace.cc
As far as I remember from reading it somewhere long ago, they are basically
used to keep the usage of floating point arithmetic to a minumum: instead of
making the kernel values floating point values (so that you could have
0<value<1 or so), we now only have to do 3 single divisions and additions on
integers instead of having to do them lots of times using floating point
arithmetic. But that just what I remember, it might not actually be the case.

> 2) What is KisProfile?
It's the profile you can attach to a colorspace. For example, you can have an
sRGB profile for your RGB8 image, to make it somewhat less device-dependent.
Extended explanations on the idea of profiles have been posted on this
mailing list much better than I can explain, so I guess a quick search would
probably help a lot :-)

> 3) What is intensity8() supposed to do?
It's supposed to give some kind of 'intensity' (duh ;)) to a color, in a 0-255
range. Basically, just returning the 'greyness' of a color should suffice for
now, I think (for now, since the interface has in it's comments '
XXX: Maybe this should be more flexible')

> I slowly begin to understand Krita...
Great :-)

Bart Coppens