Slow response.

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Mon Mar 6 20:07:05 CET 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 16:59, John R. Culleton wrote:
> Here are some typical reponse times, Krita etc.
>                    Krita       Inkscape       gimp    Scribus
>
> Initial load        15 secs   2 secs         10 secs  5 sec
> Fill with gradient  15 secs   inst.          10 secs  inst.
Incidentally, both are issues that got improved during the beta1->beta2
period. Here Krita now loads in about 5secs, whereas gimp takes 3 (to open a
basic image). So that's not really a very big difference anymore (but gimp
does show a splash window with a progress bar, maybe that gives the
impression of more speed?).
The fill with gradient now takes (500x500 rgb image) about 3s with Krita,
compared to some 0.5s in gimp. This could indeed still be better, but it is a
lot faster than it was some weeks ago (at least, I think it was a quit recent
change).