Icon for filter tool / adjustement layer in krita

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Wed Jan 18 14:26:37 CET 2006

Boudewijn Rempt wrote on 2006-01-18 13:29 +0100 regarding Re: Icon for filter tool / adjustement layer in krita:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2006 13:17, Casper Boemann wrote:
>
> > But those people are getting fewer every day
>
> True, but then -- how many people have used a clipboard in real life anymore?
> The whole desktop metaphor with files and folders is completely outdated. DTP
> apps still use a glue and pasteboard metaphor which was outdated when they
> were invented (people were using photo compositers by then). You still get
> echo's of typewriters all over the place, too. No, I don't that's a real
> objection.

True. I first even didn't realise why the last icon of Cyrille's original post
was the most clear one for me, until I read Boudewijn's remark about the photo
camera filter. Somewhere deep inside my brain I immediately associated that one
with "filter", even though I haven't even touched camera filters since the late
eighties.

--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   http://www.kde.nl/