Icon for filter tool / adjustement layer in krita

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Wed Jan 18 10:12:07 CET 2006

Cyrille Berger wrote on 2006-01-17 23:57 +0100 regarding Icon for filter tool / adjustement layer in krita:
> http://cyrilleberger.blogspot.com/2006/01/new-icon-for-filters.html
>
> So, what's your opinion ? Which icon is best for representing filters in
> krita ? (remember they are only draft and are unpolish, they are just
> concept)

I'd prefer the last one ("Tool filter"). Perhaps not in these colors, but I find
the other ones (except "Lens" perhaps) containing too much visual information,
without making the intent of the action really clear. Choosing between "Lens"
and "Tool filter", I find the latter one the nicest (distinguished lines, and
when you tell me that that is the Filter action, I'll remember it better than
with the other icons shown there).

I must say though, that the coffee filter looks reasonable to me as well,
perhaps mostly because it more or less fits in with the other icons. (But given
the discussion about moving to other toolbar icons, that point may not hold.)

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   http://www.kde.nl/