Histograms & changing layers

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 9 22:10:47 CET 2006

Can't find the mail but we recently discussed here the updating of histograms
when changing layers. Not updating the histogram until the docker is shown,
not updating the histogram until a certain period has gone after selecting a
new layer and caching histograms for layers were options.

The histogram docker is what makes changing layers very slow at the moment,
especially if there is a largish number of layers, so I thought I'd take a
look at this. However, I cannot find where we connect the changing of layers
to any activity in the histogram docker... Where do we do that?