How will functions like unsharpen mask be added on?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 7 22:07:54 CET 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 22:03, Tom M wrote:
> > The ultimate ambition is to allow natural media-type work. Going beyond
> > Corel Painter. But it's a long, long trek because we need to get the
> > basics, that's color, right first.
>
> I would think depth/texture would be equally as basic as color for
> natural media work, and maybe even lighting/shading as well.

But much, much harder to do. We're concentrating on the basic things now :-).

The real thing will need wetness, viscosity, fluid dynamics and more things
like that. Our colorspace model supports that, but we're still groping for
the right way of handling those parameters in the rest of the application.