Hanging when playing with the layerbox

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Fri Jan 6 23:12:31 CET 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 21:17, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I can pretty consistenly bring Krita into a deadlock state by playing with
> the layerbox -- and the hangs happen in the histogram threading code.
Ah, Adrian fixed something there to prevent a crash with the threading code,
so maybe it's not completely fixed yet? (In any case, I haven't noticed any
of those crashes, or I'd be fixing them already)

> (And I'm thinking -- if the histogram box is invisible, which it is mostly,
> then we shouldn't do the calculations,
Great idea!

> and even if it is, we shouldn't do
> th calculations on every change of active layer, but only after a timer has
> expired.)
That we do already :-) Afaik it's a timer that measures 250ms of inactivity
before it actually starts updating.

Bart