New TODO

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 6 22:47:04 CET 2006

Updated version of the TODO with more initials (or intermedials as the case
may be) pencilled in. Please check if I haven't saddled you with something
you cannot do, please check all items assigned to Alice Nonymus to see
whether we can we can relieve her of her load. Commit changes fixes and dones
in the version in svn, please, so this file will be empty when we release.

Things To Do for 1.5

Please update & commit this list with every fix you make

? = Alice Nonymus
A = Adrian Page
B = Casper Boemann
C = Cyrille Berger
R = Boudewijn Rempt
P = Bart Coppens
G = Gábor Level
S = Sander Koning
TZ = Thomas Zander (to refer to his ui hints)

There are still a couple of LAYERREMOVE's around!

Filters

C  * Fix filter preview
?  * Fix crashes in filters
R  * Check filters for colorspace problems
R  * Implement warning when using filters that downgrade to another colorspace
R  * Implement filter configuration class

Colorspaces

B  * Implement the last few colorspace dependencies in KisAbstractColorSpace
?  * Implement LAB histogram producers
?  * Optimize colorspace functions at least in 8 and 16 bit rgb where possible
P  * Fix wet colorspace

Core

R  * Fix unittests for colorspaces
P  * Fix part layers
?  * Fix lock in histogram code
?  * Make sure histograms for docker are only calculated when the docker is
visible,
     and not on every layer change. Maybe cache histograms for de-activated
layers, too?

User interface

B  * Add layer preview to layer box
B  * Add image preview to bird's eyeview box
?  * Use KOffice library guides instead of our own guides
G  * Add GUI to actually group layers
R  * Finish separation plugin to separate to different images
R  * Fix statusbar and put current cursor pos into bird's eyeview docker
A  * Change zoom settings to a percentage everywhere
A  * Make ruler stop at image boundaries. Put image in the middle of the
window, not in the top-right corner
A  * Zoom the image to fit on loading
R  * Fix the zoom slider as per TZ
?  * Lock all actions when layers are locked or invisible, not just filters
and tools (#90456)
G  * Polish UI of layerbox.
R  * Fix layer menu according to TZ
?  * Fix the color selectors (they are completely broken, details in TZ)
C  * Fix autobrush according to TZ (the tab bug cannot be fixed because of
     Qt focus issues, don't waste time on that. BDDT)
?  * Fix selection handling according to TZ
?  * Make circular (autobrush?) the default brush

Files and Import/Export

C  * Add layer export to tiff export filter. Finish tiff export in general
R  * Finish raw importer
?  * check use of EXIF data (#112727)

Tools

B  * Fix transform tool and re-enable the shear and rotate functionality
?  * Fix crop tool according to Z's hints
R  * add a dummy option widget for tools without an option widget
P  * Add radius option to color picker tool. Fix color picker tool according
to TZ
R  * Fix shear tool according to TZ

Plugins

C  * finish, polish and document scripting support
R  * document plugin API

Release

R  * develop thorough test plan and exercise it on several installations
     before release
S  * finish basic documentation to cover all of the UI (Sander, you can take
     the full feature list I posted recently as an outline)

Bugs

I'm not saying all these bugs can be fixed for 1.5; but please take a good
hard look at them. We can do without open bugs :-) (Wishlists excepted, but
Cyrille, maybe you're interested in 119290 after the release? sounds like
something that's absolutely your cup of cafe au lait.)

   109971   ASSI     Crash trying to DND while krita is working
P  113086   NEW      krita crashes when resizing certain image
R  116075   NEW      reproducible crash when trying cimg image restauration
   117633   NEW      Krita crashed while trying to edit a picture's layer
   117923   NEW      crash at opening a random file
   117925   NEW      Crash when dragging psd to 'insert as new layer'
   107348   ASSI      Layerbox behaves badly when there are many layers
   112727   ASSI      If present, change the 'Orientation' meta data on
rotatio...
   115253   NEW      Resize to current layer forgets layer offset
   118847   NEW      off by one bug in subtracting-selections
   119401   ASSI      Action 'change image size' crops source image

And if there's time

   * implement adjustment layers
   * bidi color transfer paint op
   * add gui to paint ops